Moving house is stressful.
Don’t take our word for it. Google “life’s most stressful events”, and you’ll see moving is on nearly every list.
But moving into your new home should be exciting.
Curating Pinterest boards, buying house plants, picking out furniture. Finding your favourite soft furnishings, hanging up artwork and the smell of fresh paint on your walls. Butterflies as you walk through your front door for the first time. That’s what moving should be about.
That’s why we’ve made it our mission to transform the Property Industry. People moving home regularly cite a lack of transparency and a painfully slow process, and that’s often due to the technology in Estate Agent’s hands.
For the past five years, we’ve been working hard to change that.
Behind the very best SaaS companies are teams of talented, highly driven people, and that’s exactly the kind of team you can expect to join at Street Group.
If you love autonomy, are naturally curious, and want to have a genuine impact within a growing company, we think you’d fit right in.
Here’s what you can expect to be working on as a Data Scientist at Street Group:
- Building models to create new and unique data features for our products using open and proprietary data on the UK property market e.g. classifying property images, estimating propensity for properties to sell etc
- Productionising and supporting models through MLops approaches
- Freedom to own decisions around infrastructure & architecture of models
- Exploratory analysis and modeling to identify opportunities for us to use data to deliver new insights and capabilities for our clients.
- Time to explore and test the latest tools & technologies and the freedom to implement them where relevant
- Represent the data team on our product task forces, listening and responding to feedback from our clients and ensuring we prioritise the most impactful activity
Who we're looking for
- An open-minded and collaborative approach with a desire to listen and understand
- A history of continually learning and developing your skills
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to communicate complex information clearly and simply
- A strong commercial data science background building and operating models in real business contexts
- Experience applying both statistical and deep learning techniques and knowledge of appropriate modelling approaches for different problem types and their constraints
- Strong Python knowledge and experience building and implementing models in Python
- Experience implementing data pipelines to extract, load, transform, enrich and export data for modelling
- Experience across the end to end development lifecycle e.g. testing, version control (git) and deployment using CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins / Circle CI)
- An interest in cloud services and microservices architecture
Research has shown that women tend to rule themselves out of applying for jobs unless they meet 100% of the requirements. If you fall into that category and were about to rule yourself out based on the above criteria; please consider applying anyway. We'd love to see your application!
Why join Street Group?
📈 Every member of the team shares in the success of the business with Share Options
🏠 Hybrid-working - you can work from home 2-3 days per week depending on your team
🏖️ Guilt-Free R&R - £1000 towards a holiday after your first year with the team (we'll even cover the tax!)
💪 Joining a culture that supports your development and encourages growth
📚 £500 yearly L&D budget for your career development
🎂 Your birthday on us - we pay, you stay away
🙋 ‘Give something back’ - 2 paid days volunteering on us
🕒 Flexible working hours
🚀 Joining a new team in an exciting business with huge ambition
👥 Be a part of something bigger - everyone in our team is passionate about improving the entire property industry! It's a huge goal, but it motivates us to do better every single day.
🍻 Fully stocked fridge and beers (or an alternative) on us every Friday afternoon
🧠 Monthly mental health coaching with Sanctus
🎊 Company and team off-sites, events and happy hours (even while remote!)
👩🏿💻 A chance to work on cutting edge technology
🚴 Cycle to work scheme
🐶 Comfortable, relaxed office space for when we're out of lockdown - office dogs welcome!
🌍 Feel good about sustainability - we're a climate-positive company!
🧘 Regular wellbeing initiatives
£40k-£60k dependent on experience. However, sometimes the perfect person is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. In these situations planned ranges go out the window. If you think that might be the case, please apply and just let us know.
We care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK and be able to perform the work specified (any recruiters will be blacklisted).