Moving house is stressful.
Don’t take our word for it. Google “life’s most stressful events”, and you’ll see moving is on nearly every list.
But moving into your new home should be exciting.
Curating Pinterest boards, buying house plants, picking out furniture. That’s what moving should be about.
That’s why we’ve made it our mission to transform the Property Industry. People moving home regularly cite a lack of transparency and a painfully slow process, and that’s often due to the technology in Estate Agent’s hands.
For the past five years, we’ve been working hard to change that.
Behind the very best SaaS companies are teams of talented, highly driven people, and that’s exactly the kind of team you can expect to join at Street Group.
If you love autonomy, are naturally curious, and want to have a genuine impact within a growing company, we think you’d fit right in.
Here’s what you can expect to be working on as a UI/UX Designer at Street Group:
- Building up an in-depth understanding of our customers - their personas, challenges, ways of working and what makes them tick
- Playing an active role in the product direction of our Street.co.uk platform, working closely with product owners, developers and other designers
- Proactively seeking internal and external feedback on wireframes, designs and features
- Working on end-to-end product design; from scoping and user research through to prototyping, design and user-testing
- Ensuring consistency across multiple products which are in various stages of the product life cycle
- Being a brand guardian in an environment where clean, modern design is of utmost importance
Who we're looking for
- You have experience in helping build mobile and web applications (ideally for both greenfield products and continuous improvement)
- You have experience working collaboratively with engineers and product owners to understand customer needs and discover exceptional solutions.
- You have experience working with design tools such as Figma or XD
- Most importantly, you have a burning curiosity to understand your customers, and are excited to work in an environment that supports this
Research has shown that women tend to rule themselves out of applying for jobs unless they meet 100% of the requirements. If you fall into that category and were about to rule yourself out based on the above criteria; please consider applying anyway. We'd love to see your application!
Why join Street Group?
📈 Every member of the team shares in the success of the business with Share Options
🏠 Hybrid-working - you can work from home 2-3 days per week depending on your team
🏖️ Guilt-Free R&R - £1000 towards a holiday after your first year with the team (we'll even cover the tax!)
💪 Joining a culture that supports your development and encourages growth
📚 £500 yearly L&D budget for your career development
🎂 Your birthday on us - we pay, you stay away
🙋 ‘Give something back’ - 2 paid days volunteering on us
🕒 Flexible working hours
🚀 Joining a new team in an exciting business with huge ambition
👥 Be a part of something bigger - everyone in our team is passionate about improving the entire property industry! It's a huge goal, but it motivates us to do better every single day.
🍻 Fully stocked fridge and beers (or an alternative) on us every Friday afternoon
🧠 Monthly mental health coaching with Sanctus
🎊 Company and team off-sites, events and happy hours (even while remote!)
👩🏿💻 A chance to work on cutting edge technology
🚴 Cycle to work scheme
🐶 Comfortable, relaxed office space for when we're out of lockdown - office dogs welcome!
🌍 Feel good about sustainability - we're a climate-positive company!
🧘 Regular wellbeing initiatives
Up to £35k dependent on experience. However, sometimes the perfect person is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. In these situations planned ranges go out the window. If you think that might be the case, please apply and just let us know.
We care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK and be able to perform the work specified (any recruiters will be blacklisted).